I am 6 months pregnant this week and it hardly seems real. It's hard for me to believe how fast this pregnancy is going. I'm so grateful to still be feeling well. This belly is definitely sticking out and the baby loves to kick and squirm at both 11pm and 5am. I had an older man at Home Depot trying to guess my due date this weekend which was both cute and funny. He's certainly hoping for a June 4th baby which is his birthday. We'll be lucky to see this baby before July 4th, really! Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of posting pregnant photos on here of myself, but I know there are a few of you who are out of state and wondering. We go back to the doctor on Friday and will have a chance to see this little one's face. If there's a great photo to share, I'll let you know. XO, Meg
I've finally taken photos of the baby's room to share with you. And while I sometimes feel like this room will never be "done" (whatever that even means), I decided that it's time to just show it as it is - a work in progress for a little one soon to arrive. (click on the photos to see them larger if you like) I made the flag banner by hand, as well as the painted artwork hanging on the wall. On the shelf is a green piggy bank from grandma, a piece of art that I made, and some vintage blocks. I had the photo frames already thrifted and repainted. I made these fabric hangings just by stretching vintage inspired fabrics that I love over embroidery hoops. Just to add some color to the side of the room with the closet. This is probably my favorite part of the room. There is no overhead lighting in our house so I put together a group of Chinese lanterns and we hung them from the ceiling. The large white one actually lights and is connected to the light switch on a dim...
For those interested in hearing more details about Julian's entry into this world, this post is for you. It is full of the details of Julian's birth and the day he joined our family. Julian Reese Brothers June 23, 2011 at 6:36pm 7lbs 14oz 20.5inches long He's the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. On Wednesday, June 22, I was busying myself and trying to distract myself from the fact that I was nearly a week past my due date and extremely uncomfortable. I spent the day cleaning, vacuuming couch cushions, pacing the house, and tidying. Dustin came home early from work, so we decided to take a nap late in the afternoon. We woke up around 6pm and within half an hour, I realized that my water was breaking/leaking. I was having mild contractions but I'd been having Braxton Hicks contractions for weeks, so while I knew labor was coming, they were completely manageable. We decided to go for a walk to try to get them really going, but we realized that there was meconium i...
Comments
Post a Comment