Home Tour- Living Room

So I thought I would put together a post of some photos of our new place but instead I've decided to do a home tour room by room. So to start off, for those of you wondering what our new space looks like, here is the first of a few posts beginning with our living room. My apologies for the glowing white windows. White blinds are impossible to photograph.


(looking down from the dining room and kitchen)

The living room is definitely an interesting shape so it's been a challenge to get our furniture in comfortably. This is what we came up with. (We usually keep the blinds open more but with a blanket of white snow outside the window it posed for an impossible photo shoot so I closed them up - we're not really hermits).


(looking at the front door and entry way)

It's my hope in the next few months to combat some of the stark white with some orange curtains possibly. It's a LOT of (too much) white wall for me. If I had more energy I'd really consider painting but there is no way nearly half way through my pregnancy that I'm interested in painting. So curtains will have to do/help. We've really enjoyed the gas fireplace as an added bonus to suburban living.


(three steps up to the next level - dining room and kitchen. the door behind the tv is a 1/2 bath)

I also hope to get some good shots of the outside of our home but again with all the white snow, it just looks a little bit bleak. So maybe closer to spring when it doesn't look so frosty out I'll get some exterior shots.


(looking towards the stairway upstairs to the bedrooms and laundry room)

We are really loving it here and it is slowly coming together. It's still not finished yet, but at least we are unpacked. Because it's a brownstone it has a tall build so there are a lot of stairs. I figure it's good for exercise sake. :) I'm working on more photos so hopefully I can keep posting different rooms throughout the week. XO, Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos of the Baby's Room

6 Months Pregnant

Did You Know?