Oh Hey, Remember Us?

If I'm telling the truth, it's that I kind of forgot I had a blog. It came up in conversation today with a dear friend of mine and I was like oh man, it's been a very long time since I even pulled up my own blog. So in good Meg fashion, here's my 2018 "It's been a long time" post.




Julian is 6 and loving first grade. He's reading at a third grade level and thriving in school with a wonderful teacher this year. He has this toothless grin that is one of my favorite things. Ever. He loves to talk about the Titanic and he loves to sit and draw pictures all day long. He's such a happy, snuggly boy and loves all things science, dinosaurs, and legos.




Alice is about to turn 4 in a couple of weeks. She is so much sweet and so much sass and so much fun. She has been home with me this year and we've had a lot of fun just the two of us while Julian goes to school. She's done a little bit of ballet and gymnastics this year and loves both. For her birthday this year she wants a Frozen Elsa dress and a skate board. :) She is excited to start pre-k next fall and it will be so good for her. She's very social but she's also a mama's girl and loves to be wherever I am.




Dustin and I celebrated 10 years of marriage in December. We took an early anniversary trip to Kauai in October to celebrate. It was absolutely amazing. He is doing great at his job and we love living only 7 minutes from his work. That is totally his kind of commute. We've been in our house now for almost 3 years and we've had so much fun doing lots of fixer upper type jobs to it. The cover photo on our blog is our fireplace and dining room. One of the fixer upper jobs we did to our house was that brick on our fireplace that goes from floor all the way up to our vaulted ceiling. Such a fun and crazy project. In other news, Dustin's dad passed away very suddenly the first week in December. His health declined very quickly over the month of November and cancer in his pancreas, liver, bones, and lungs (among others we are sure) took his life very quickly. It made for a very hard holiday season but we were very lucky to be able to fly out to Phoenix upon hearing of the cancer diagnosis on a Thursday and were with him in his final days and hours when he died the following Monday, just 3 days later.

My photography business is thriving and outgrowing me a tad bit (time-wise). Alice will enjoy some preschool time next fall and that will hopefully give me some more time to work this business that has grown into a good part-time job for me. I love it more and more and am so thankful I stumbled upon it 5 years ago. I've come a long way in my skill and am really enjoying honing in on my craft. But I'm also so grateful to be home with my kids every day.



All is well in our little corner of the world and I hope life finds you well in your part of the world. I'd love to know if you are still out there. Anyone reading? Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you. xo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6 Months Pregnant

Photos of the Baby's Room

Round 1 is on the way!