New Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies


My family makes famous chocolate chip cookies (I'm not sure who considers them famous, but we've always called them our famous family recipe cookies). We grew up on the exact same recipe my whole life. So here's fair warning to my beloved family: this is not that recipe. I know, you might think I'm a trader. But hear me out. These are in a whole different category - no oats, no nuts. Just chocolate chip cookies at their purest. And trust me, they are amazing (thus my reason for sharing the recipe with you here). I found the original recipe here and made a slight adjustment, but believe me, they are simple to make and amazingly delicious to eat - cakey and moist and soft, mmm. My change from the original recipe below in parenthesis. I believe the magic happens in the melted and cooled butter. It's not creamed in the beginning, just combined. I was hesitant to do so, but it totally worked and makes for a very delicious outcome. On the original cookie post, she mentions that if the butter is not cooled enough, you will get cracks on the tops of your cookies. I chose a glass mixing bowl and a wooden spoon for creating these cookies but I'd imagine the Kitchen Aid would do just as well.



Pure and Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks melted butter, cooled slightly - you do not want to cook the eggs (I used unsalted butter)
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips and only used about 3/4 package)


Mix the sugars into the melted butter. Add the eggs and mix well. Add the vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and mix well. When combined, add the chips. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.


I dare you to try them. Seriously. Worth every single calorie.

Comments

  1. YUMMY, will have to try this Meg as these are Dan's favorite cookies! JB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photos of the Baby's Room

6 Months Pregnant

Round 1 is on the way!