It's been a long time...

I haven't posted here in a long time for a couple of reasons. I'm even hesitant to post now for personal reasons. But to be honest, I miss being able to share our life with most of you who are reading. I can't explain all that has gone on over the past year or why it makes us uncomfortable even now. But I have friends out there that I want to share our story with and while I wish I could pick and choose who that would be, I cannot. So, here I am to catch some of my friends up on the past few months.

Julian is 3 and a half and is full of energy and life. He is active and playful and fun. He is also a little wild and strong-willed at times. 3 and half is both my very favorite age of his so far, and also his hardest age so far. Some days are so wonderful. Some are incredibly trying.

Alice is our wild girl. She's almost 8 months old and she's into everything. She is teeny tiny, but she is mighty! She started crawling at 6 months old and has spent the past two months getting really fast at it. She'll be walking soon. She's a girl on the move. She is the happiest baby I have ever known. She is currently a mama's girl and loves to be with me all the time. Dustin loves her so much, it's so fun to see him with her. She melts him down into a complete puddle and he's so soft when it comes to her. It's actually kind of funny.

Dustin has had a lot of work this year. He was put on a different flight program at work that has been fun and challenging in a different way than what he's been doing the past couple of years. He had his first program launch this year called World View 3. It's a satellite that Google Maps uses. It's been really cool for him to follow that project through from start to finish.

My photography business has been amazing. I upgraded my camera this year to an incredibly professional level camera and have had fun learning to use it. I've had more business than I know what to do with. I worked every weekend from the end of September up through Thanksgiving. It's been amazing to be able to work on the weekends while Dustin is home with the kids. It's a big balancing act to make it all work, but a fun one. It's fun to have a little bit of an income and some creative and professional time for me. My professional website is at www.megbrothersphotography.com for anyone interested in checking it out.

We are excited for Christmas. Julian is really into Christmas this year and Alice is so fun. We are about to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary and we're looking forward to a fancy night in the city at a hotel just the two of us to celebrate.

Here are just a handful of memories over the past few months. We hope our friends are happy and healthy. Much love! XO



Family hike at Red Rocks this summer. 

Our happy girl. 

Nearly 7 years of marriage. 

My girl. Back when she didn't have much hair yet. :) 

At the Colorado Railroad Museum. Julian's favorite place ever. A VERY cool museum.

Sitting in the pumpkin patch at Halloween picking out our pumpkins. It's really hard to get 4 faces in an arms-length selfie. ;) 

Laying in the grass together at the apple orchard in early fall. One of my favorite memories of 2014.

This girl is determined to get up and chase her brother. She's pulling up on furniture and walking along it. She only weighs about 13lbs. In the hospital right after she was born, her pediatrician said, "she is small, but mighty." And it's true. Still. 



This boy has every last bit of my heart. He is so precious to me. 

She is just the prettiest baby I have ever seen in my life. And so, so sweet. 


Dustin bought Julian a tiny Christmas tree for his room. This was after bath time the first night we put it up. They were both in love with it and sat beside each other and admired it for a long time. 
I love the way they love each other.

Alice and her tree-touching shenanigans. She thinks it's hilarious to touch it. 

At the Parade of Lights last weekend in Downtown Denver near our old loft. I sure miss living in the city. Julian got to ride the light rail train for the first time in and out of the city that night and it was almost 40 degrees for the parade. A gorgeous night for a parade! 
Julian is still talking about that train ride. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos of the Baby's Room

6 Months Pregnant

Round 1 is on the way!